Joined: 15 May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Failed to open rowset Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:09am
I have a report created in crystal 11. using the pull method. The report used to work fine now i keep getting a messagebox error in the report viewer: Failed to open rowset. Has anyone come across this.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:48am
A lot of times people will find out that the security changed on them and their report no longer has access to the database. Have you checked security?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 23 May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:21am
Hi
I am having exactly the same problem using Version 9.
We have installed a new server running Server 2003 (previuosly 2000) with the same server name and now none of my Crystal Reports will run. The initial error message is "Failed to open a rowset."
I have checked security and I have full acces rights - any ideas?
Joined: 15 May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 26 May 2007 at 6:30am
I thought exactly the same, then i found out that the role that held the permissions hadnt copied across. Double check everything. The only other thing to try is making sure you give rights to each of the tables/views if using the Pull method. this gives a function that will do that for all report tables and sub report tables http://aspalliance.com/490
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum