Just created a Cross Tab report from a list of data and works a treat.
Basically the report is quite simple with Months across the top and Regions down the side.
The Months (Columns) are taken from the Month No in the date of each transaction, and therefore sort across the top from 1...12.
What I would like is to show the actual Month Names..Jan, Feb etc instead of the numbers.
I created a field at the detail level of the data, which is the month Name of the Month No.
If I put the Month Name in the Column Title of the Cross Tab it works ok - but sorts in name order ..ie April, August...
Reading the help it says to put a formula on the Display string in Common - which I have tried. I put MonthName(monthNofield) in the formual but it just shows the first month name on every column.
How can I sort by No but display Name ?
Thanks
Phil