Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export to CSV Format Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crumycat
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote crumycat Replybullet Topic: Export to CSV Format
     Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 7:27pm
Hi Everyone,
 
I've written a report to allow me to export a large amount of data to CSV as it is required in this format by another system.
 
The other system requires specific field headings to which I've added to the Report Header.
 
When i export the report to CSV, the file contains each field Heading for each fow of data. This is creating 1000's of rows with the same information.
 
how do i change the report so that the headings only ever appear in the heading?
 
Thanking you.
 
Daniel
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 7:04am
Pretty sure you cannot do that straight from crystal as you desire.
Export it as an Excel file and then convert it from excel to cvs.
That should keep the headers down to 1 row.
IP IP Logged
kalliritt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kalliritt Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:21am
Hi Daniel!

I've found that if I go into File - Export - Report Export Options, choose CSV, and check the box that says "Isolate Report/Page sections" that the header is treated as a record, and doesn't appear at the beginning of each line.  Hope this helps!

Kalli
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:38am
Kallirit - What version are you using?
I was checking that before I posted my response and that was / is not an option for CSV...or at least I cannot find it Confused
IP IP Logged
kalliritt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kalliritt Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:08pm

Sorry, I should have specified that in my first post. 

I'm using Crystal Reports 2008.  It may not have been an option in earlier versions. 
 
Kalli
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum