Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to display sub table and NOT repeat each detai Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
curtiscooper
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote curtiscooper Replybullet Topic: How to display sub table and NOT repeat each detai
     Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 6:38am
I am going nuts trying to get this thing to display correctly, so I am someone can help me. I am trying to display a sub table (not subreport - tried that and it doesn't work) for detail records. For Example on an invoice items may have child items.

I am using Crystal 11

I have two tables iDetail and iSubDetail

My detail section looks like this:

D iDetail.itemNum iDetail.price
iSubDetail.itemNum

I have a Left Outer link from iDetail.itemNum --> iSubDetail.itemNum

I should see something like this:

itemOne $50.00
subItemOne
subItemTwo
subItemThree
subItemFour
itemTwo $25.00
itemThree $30.00
etc...

Instead, my Crystal report displays this:
itemOne $50.00
subItemOne
itemOne $50.00
subItemTwo
itemOne $50.00
subItemThree
itemOne $50.00
subItemFour
itemTwo $25.00
itemThree $30.00
etc...


and of course the total for the invoice is wrong.

I have tried all the different links and a subreport, but I cannot get it to display correctly. Does anyone have any ideas??

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 6:42am
Have you tried a group...that is what it looks like you want.
 
A group on the item One, display the item and the price,
in the details, display the subitems ...which belong to the item
 
Hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
curtiscooper
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote curtiscooper Replybullet Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:32am
Yeah, I got it working with a group where the line1 detail is a group. It works great .... unless there are two items with the same item number on the invoice... that issue already occured so I am back to the drawing board.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:10am
so there is nothing unique about the 2 items...just 2 line items that are the same...it there is nothing unique, nothing is going to work, the report will always show dupes and the total will be wrong.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum