My database is excel and 1 column has both alpha and numeric. I have tried formating it to general or text and it still shows in CR as numeric. The report will generate, but will leave out any data that has an alpha character. I saw where pduw123 asked this same question on May 28, 2009 and has not received an answer.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 9:12am
Crystal sets the datatype based on the contents of the first row. The only way to make sure it's seen as a string field is to make sure that the first row has alphanumeric data.
I did put text DATA in the 1st cell under my heading. ABC. I am using more than one worksheet in the excel file. I put ABC on one and 2722B in the other. I will try again with just letter and no numbers on the one worksheet.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum