Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Mix Case Text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jenny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote Jenny Replybullet Topic: Mix Case Text
     Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 2:00pm
Crystal 9.

How do I return text in uppper and lower case? Example:
O'Neal. If I use upper case I get O'NEAL. If I use lower case, I ger o'neal and if I use proper case, I get O'neal.
What formula gets me O'Neal is the correct case?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 2:22pm
In vXI propercase() will make it display as O'Neal.
Threfore I think you will have to write a formula to handle this exception in V9.
 
Something like:
if instr(namefield,"'")>0 then 
propercase(left(namefield,instr(namefield,"'")) + "'" + Propercase(mid(namefield,instr(namefield,"'")+1)
else propercase(namefield)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum