Topic: Replacing missing field Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 2:57pm
Hi all - I am running CR XI.
I am trying to replace nothingness with something. In our TrackIt database, some users do not select anything from the pulldown menues, and that is not totally clear when creating a report (especially if I am creating groups based on what was selected). I would like to replace a null field with the word "omitted" to make this clearer, as our managers wish to alert the technicians who are leaving certain fields blank.
So far I have tried this:
if {TASKS.WOTYPE3} = "" then "omitted"
but that isn't working. I am not sure how to express a null field (or perhaps this field is not null and contains whitespace? I'm not sure). Any tips would be quite helpful.
In this case, I do not really want to replace a missing DUEDATE with the word "omitted". I actually do not want to even read in any record where the DUEDATE field is missing. I couldn't figure out how to do that, which is why I figured I'd just swap it with a keyword (like omitted) and then work from there.
If you know of a way for me to just skip over records with no DUEDATE, that would even be more helpful. I tried doing it with "Select Expert", choosing "is not in the period" but the choices provided are not really right for what I'm trying to do. Thanks.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum