Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Delete hyperlink Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Topic: Delete hyperlink
     Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 11:31pm

Hello all,

   My crystal report contain hyperlinks to the Event Video file (i.e..avi files).
Its format is somewhat like -
"EventVideos/EventVideo_" + {DataTable1.EventId} + ".avi"

     As I create hyperlink at design time, it remains active for all the events. But the case is that my all events do not have Event Video associated with it. So, such events also have link for event video which is not expected.
     To avoid this, I have to delete or disable the hyperlink for such events.

My question is - Is it possible to delete or disable the hyperlink at runtime in Crystal Report? If yes, can you please explain me how?

It will be great help. I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 8:12am
If you have some field int he DB that indicates if the fiel exists or not why not just use an If then statement to mkae it " " or "EventVideos/EventVideo_" + {DataTable1.EventId} + ".avi"
IP IP Logged
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 8:25am
Thank you DBlank.
 
    I do not have such fields in my database. At run time I come to know which event has event video and which not.
 
    Any idea, how can I sort out this problem?
 
Appreciate your help.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 8:26am

Do you mean at report runtime?

If so how do you know it?
IP IP Logged
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 9:28am
Do you mean at report runtime?
==>yes.
 
If so how do you know it?
==>
  Actualy i have 1 table in database, which has EventID and VideoData(binary data) columns.  Single EventID can have more than 1 VideoData.
  At runtime for each event I check if it has more than 1 VideoData in that table or not. If yes then I store those Videodata as Event Video (i.e. .avi file). If not then no Event Video will be stored.
      Have I explained my points clearly?
 
Appreciate your help.
 
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 10:31am
Hmmm. On further testing my process does not actually disable the hyperlink as I thought it did.
I do not think you can do this.
One work around would be to create a duplicate section and just omit the hyperlink on the one field and then conditionally suppress each entire section based on isnull(videofile field).
IP IP Logged
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 8:15am
Thank you DBlank,
 
   Need to do trial and errors.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum