Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Page Headers and Sub Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Topic: Page Headers and Sub Reports
     Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:01am

I have a report with a sub report. The sub report runs before the last page of the report. The sub report has the possibility of being up to 3 pages long. The actual report may be any number of pages.

I'm trying to get the page header from the actual report to only print on the actual report pages and not on the pages the sub report generates.
 
Anybody have a solution?
 
Thanks!
 


Edited by FrnhtGLI - 08 Jul 2009 at 8:01am
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 8:49am
Okay, so I think I may have figured this out.
 
Right before the Sub Report prints, there is a Report Footer section that gives the grand totals for the report. So I initialized a global number var on the Report Header that is equal to 1. When the Report Footer comes around I equaled it to 0. I have the Page Header suppressing if the global number var is less than 1.
 
This works for now. If anybody sees some flawed logic in this, please chime in, but for now, I'm keeping it like this.
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 10:38am
Nope, that is along the lines of what I was going to say.  Not much else that you can do.
 
If the subreport was somewhere else, you might have wanted the subreport to turn it back on, then the only change would have been to use shared variables, as globals are visible in a subreport.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum