Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula results in data being repeated Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Travers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Travers Replybullet Topic: Formula results in data being repeated
     Posted: 03 Jul 2009 at 2:37am
Cry Hi, can anyone help me please ? Whenever I insert any formula into my report, no matter where, it results in the detail line being repeated 3 or 4 times. Take formulas off the document and all is well ?
This applies no matter what the formula is or where in the document I insert it.
This is driving me mad as the report will need to contain many different formula's so I need to resolve this to use CR !
IP IP Logged
gurupran
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote gurupran Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:08am
hi
 
 formula's are not repeted the items.
 
 what types of input you use to build the report
 
like(SP,VIEW,TABLES,CommandObject),Check the Link between the tables to get the field.
 
 
guru
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 6:29am
Can't think of a reason that adding a formula would cause duplication of rows.  What is in the formula? Just wondering because I have reports with LOTS of formulae and have never seen this effect.
IP IP Logged
Travers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Travers Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:40am
Thanks for your reply. It doesn't matter what the content of the formula is it has the same effect !
IP IP Logged
Travers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Travers Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:42am
The report contains tables. I have noticed though that some of the fields in the tables on the report do not show on the Database Link diagram within CR ! (Not all fields that are shown in the diagram have links).
How do I get the missing fields to show on the linked report ? 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:14pm
There are a lot of issues that shouldn't be.  You might try starting at new report.  If you still don't get the correct fields to display in the database expert, you might want to reinstall Crystal.  If other reports work fine, maybe it is just this file.
 
I have been writing reports with Crystal from version 7, and haven't seen what you reported...so I am thinking it is local to your copy...either the report is corrupted or the installation
 
Perhaps someone else has another solution, but I would at the very least try a new report and set the datatables up.  If all looks ok there, I would continue with formatting the new report.  The formulas you can cut and paste between...shouldn't be too bad, if that is the issue.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:48pm
The only things I can think of that might explain this are:
1. you have fields set up to suppress if duplicated and then the details section set to suppress if blank. By adding a new field it is making all the dupes appear. This would not have anything to do with the formula itself but rather just adding a field that is not suppressed if duplicated
2. somehow the tables joins are shifting when you started to use a field in a formula from a table that was not previously being used, especially if you are using tables that are not joined.


Edited by DBlank - 07 Jul 2009 at 5:52pm
IP IP Logged
Travers
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Travers Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:35am
Thanks everyone for your help. I have created in sub-reports and the data does not repeat so all is well.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum