Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Formatting Issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rkh7437
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote rkh7437 Replybullet Topic: Conditional Formatting Issue
     Posted: 06 Jul 2009 at 1:31pm
Hello! I'm trying to utilize the conditional formatting to bold company names with a certain criteria. However, it does not bold all the company names with this critieria. When I run the exact critieria through the Report>Select Expert, it will pull the correct records (but does not bold them). Any ideas why the same selection criteria works when using Report>Select Expert but not with format field conditional formatting. Thank you!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 6:42am
I would think that they are the same.  What I would try, is to create a formula.  Copy the criteria into the formula and see what it returns.  Sometimes there are subtle differences, or a typo...it looks right.  I always have Crystal display the results to me to make sure, and every now and then, everything is correct, just Crystal doesn't do what you think you are telling it to do...
 
Can be frustrating, but this is the first thing that I would try....make sure that they are a match.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
rkh7437
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote rkh7437 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 6:45am
Thanks for your reply! I copied the exact formula from the Select Expert to make sure they were the same, that's why I'm baffled as to why the conditional formatting is not treating it the same as the Select Expert does given they are identical but for the if then bold statement.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:36am
1. Do you have any NULL values that might be throwing it off?
 
2. I would foolow up on Lockwelles suggestion to toss a formula field to display TRUE /FALSE on the rows to see if there is a pattern to the items that are not being bolded correctly.
 
3. What is the statement you are using?
IP IP Logged
rkh7437
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jul 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote rkh7437 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:59am
I see what happened. I had the Suppress if Duplicated check on the company field. Basically, I want a listing of all companies that are our "Alliance Partners" which I designate from an ID/Status field. The ones that we have certain history with, I want them to show in bold, otherwise to show up in regular text. When I suppressed the duplicates, it hid some of the bold entries, which is not what I'm looking for.
 
The statement I used was if {VRP_COMPANY_HISTORY.HISTORY TYPES Name} in ["Attended Training Off-site"] then crbold
 
The Select Expert formula to capture our Alliance Partners is {VRP_COMPANY.COMPANY ID/Status} like "*Alliance*"
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum