| Author |
Message |
oriondad
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Details section Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:26am |
|
Howdy,
First timer here and not a full time user of Crystal, but somewhat technically adroit.
I have a report with the following
Group header 1 Group header 2 Details Group footer 2 Group footer 1
Now, when I have people enter data, some of it is quite long. The report currently may only show 1 short entry on a page, and then nothing below it. On the next page is a long entry. This is all relating to 1 data field. Kind of like a notes field.
So, they enter a little bit of data in 1 note and a lot of data on another note. When the report prints, I get some pages with huge blanks spaces. The next page will be filled (due to the length of that data field).
I have unchecked the "keep together" fields with no luck.
This is using Crystal 10.0
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
|

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:57am |
|
Do you have the sections sized accordingly so that they don't take up much space? Even if there is only one field in a section, if it is really tall in the designer then it will take up space on the finished page.
|
|
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
|
IP Logged |
|
oriondad
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:10pm |
|
Thanks for the reply,,,
The fields are minimal in height, with the "can grow" option checked. On other pages I can have 4 or 5 "details" sections listed. Once a lengthy one comes along, it automatically begins on a new page, leaving the previous page mostly empty.
It is like, ok there is not enough room left on this page to fit this data record, so start on a new page.
I think I have everything set right. However, and obviously, something is wrong.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|