Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: SubReport Linking using Stored Procedures Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
snu155
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote snu155 Replybullet Topic: SubReport Linking using Stored Procedures
     Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 7:53am
Hi all, I'm a DBA by trade and this is my first step into Crystal reports.
 
I know how to agrigate the data my customers would like to see in sql, so i've been building stored proc's to feed to the reports.  now the user would like some data on one report that allows them to see help desk tickest open, grouped by assignment and the number of tickets that are open 0-1 day, 1-3 days, 4-6 days, 7-10 days, > 10 days
 
no problem, I wrote a stored proc that dispalys all this and fed it to a report.
 
now they have asked for a sub report that will take the group name and dispaly all of the open tickets that the numbers are for.
 
I wrote a stored proc that will do this and requires the group name from report1.
 
being a stored proc, and requiring a parameter, @Assignment, it automatically creates a parameter on the sub report.  and I can put the assignment group, @AssignmentGroup, as a link that carries over to the sub report.
 
but how do I get @Assignment to = @AssignmentGroup so when my customer clicks on the lin they see the info for the group they clicked on?
 
I also tried making a dynamic view off of the @Assignment fields that would be displayed in a report. and tried to set that as a drop down box that they could select when going to the sub report to populate @AssignmentGroup, but when I try to refresh to get the drop down list I get an error of
 
"Prompting failed with the following error messge: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: the new table link contains TargetFieldNames that are not valid.]'.   error source: prompt.dl error code 0x8004380D
 
 


Edited by snu155 - 01 Jul 2009 at 7:55am
Brad
IP IP Logged
snu155
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote snu155 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:10am
figures you ask a question and find your own answer, I had the ability to choose the @AssignmentGroup parameter instead of creating a new one under the link tab.
Brad
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum