Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Date Parameters Not Filtering Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
K. Milligan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote K. Milligan Replybullet Topic: Date Parameters Not Filtering
     Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:08am
First of all - Thanks to all that have helped me through my crystal report writing deficiencies!

I'm trying to filter data within a specific time frame. I have the following parameter set up:

{PUNCH.IN DATE} >= {?Start Date}
and
{PUNCH.IN DATE} <= {?End Date}
 
I refresh my data with a specific date range but it seems to pull in ALL dates!  ....I have the parameter suppressed in my report header - what am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:15am
try:
{PUNCH.IN DATE} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}
IP IP Logged
K. Milligan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote K. Milligan Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:37am

That doesn't work either.  It's still pulling all data from the beginning of June.  I must not have it in the report properly. 

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 11:46am

Hmmm.

You should have 2 parameter Fields in crystal reports, 1 labeled "Start Date" and the other labeled "End Date". Both should be set to a DATE field type and static.
In your select statement you should have the crystal statement of:
{PUNCH.IN DATE} in {?Start Date} to {?End Date}
 
Is that all correct?
Do you have any other select statement parts? If so what is your full select statement?
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum