Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Memo (blob) field use in Crystal 8.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
funkyrobot
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote funkyrobot Replybullet Topic: Memo (blob) field use in Crystal 8.5
     Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 2:10am
Hello all.
 
I am having trouble implementing a Memo (blob) field in Crystal 8.5. The problem relates to its size and the fact that it takes up a lot of space in my report records (about 10 lines deep), even if it is empty.
 
I was wondering if there was a way to trim this field down, or even allow it to only appear if there is information contained within it? I know Crystal is quite funny about memo fields and you can't use them in formulas etc, so I haven't been able to think of a way to cut the field down.
 
I have the field in a subreport (which is inserted into my main report) and have tried the on-demand function, but this isn't suitable for my requirements. I have also tried scaling the physical size of the field down in my report but to no avail as it reverts to the field's size.
 
Has anybody got any ideas about how to get this memo field down to a decent size and allow it to be trimmed to the information it actually contains? Can this be done? Or is it a no-no with 8.5?
 
At the moment if I implement it I can only get 5 - 6 records on each screen, due to the size of this field. Without this field I am getting much more.
 
Many thanks for any help received! Smile
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum