I did a simple formula to count lines, so that I could see how Crystal processed the rows. What I would use is the size of each section...usually for my reports the size of the section is the size of the field (at least height), I would use the size and position option to 'know' the height of a section and then for each section I would have a formula that increments a variable. So in the GH1/GH2 section it might be(as they appear to be the same height:
shared numbervar pageHeight := pageHeight + .5;
"" //hide the result
While Details might be:
shared numbervar pageHeight := pageHeight + .385;
""
the page header woud be a reset,
shared numbervar pageHeight := 0;
The biggest challenge would be in the suppression formulas for the 'new' headers
for newGH1 it would be like:
shared numbervar pageHeight;
pageHeight > x (TBD)
in the new GH2, I would add a reset so that it the new headers don't keep printing...
shared numbervar pageHeight;
if pageHeight >x then (
pageHeight := 0;
true;
)
else
false
you may not need the false, but it doesn't hurt.
HTH