Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Is this possible???? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
djboggs
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote djboggs Replybullet Topic: Is this possible????
     Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 1:51pm

I'm new here, so sorry if this has been posted already.

At this point, I know very little about Crystal Reports, but before I go through the steps of learning it in-depthly, could someone tell me if this is possible with Crystal Reports...?
 
1. We use FileMaker Pro 7 to store customer information, orders, customer payments, etc...virtually all of our Accounts Receivable stuff.  These are .fp7 files.
 
2. Peachtree is used to hold all of our Accounts Payable information, and we just upgraded to the 2010 version of Peachtree Premium Accounting, which includes Crystal Reporting (it is built into the Peachtree system). 
 
What I need to do is create a Crystal Report what will pull this information together from multiple sources.  I need to have a daily/weekly commission chart (data here would be pulled from FileMaker Pro), prospect lists (also from FileMaker Pro), company contact information (Peachtree is the source here)...and other smaller stuff that would come from one or the other.
 
If I would have to, I can export data into Excel and start there, but the hope is to avoid that b/c it creates a lot of extra manual labor to take that route.
 
Any ideas???
 
Thanks,
Dustin
IP IP Logged
AdamField
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Quote AdamField Replybullet Posted: 22 Jun 2009 at 1:59am
Hey djboggs,
 
We had the same problem here internal and in the end we desided to export everything to SQL first from all our different sources.
This can be automated with a job so you can fill your SQL during the night and then u have daily information (if you need more acurate info and not daily but more real time i'm afraid i can't help)
 
Greetings
 
Tom
IP IP Logged
Dvana
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Dvana Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 8:05am
Also new here, but I might have stumbled on an answer for you. One of the books I've been reading points out that Crystal can handle multiple data sources if you can get them to all 'speak' ODBC. I don't know if FileMaker and Peachtree both have that capability, but the book implied that pretty much all databases have a way to spit out the results that way.
 
Having the databases output as ODBC can slow things down, but it sounds like you're going to have another layer of processing in there anyway. Might as well be pulling directly from the source.
 
Hope this helps; as I point out, I'm pulling this from a book, not actual experience.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum