Since the results of the formula is from a conditional formula, you need to use the shared variable to summarize. Say that currently you are using the shared variable and it is displaying correctly in gf3 and you want a summary of the values in gf2...pretty common. What you would need to do is have another shared variable that you are incrementing that will displayed in gf2, and so on down the line for gf1 and rf. Each would need a formula that will reset its value, increment its value and display its value.
For incrementing, you can update all the variables when the details are set, or you can increment them in the GFs.
I hope that this makes sense, and as you can see, it can lead to a lot of formula to keep track of, but it will work. You might be able to get away with a running total. Frankly, I don't understand them...I plan to look at them for the next report, but it seems that they are doing pretty much the same thing.
HTH