Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to add link for avi files? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Topic: How to add link for avi files?
     Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:39am
My Crystal Report display Events from the database. I have 83 events and so 83 events are displyed into crystal report.
    I have Event Video (i.e. .avi file) for each event (i.e 83 .avi files). I stored these files into base path of my application. Now I want to include link for each avi file into the respective event row of Crystal Report. How can I do this?
 
please, help if have any idea.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
AdamField
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Quote AdamField Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:03am
Hey Ntough,
 
In CR XI you can pick insert and insert object.
There you can slect Video clip.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:37am

Thank you AdamField,

       If I use Video Clip I can set single avi file path for all events. But I want different avi path for all events in my crystal report. I am trying by using formula to hyperlink.

Suppose my avi files are like - 1.avi, 2.avi, 3.avi, 4.avi..........83.avi. And these avi files are stored at the path "C:\Videos".

 Now if I use formula for hyperlink as -

         "C:\Videos\3.avi"    or ""C:\Videos\" + CStr(3,0) + ".avi";

it is working but apply link for 3.avi for all events.

I want 1 event should have link for 1.avi, 2nd event should have link for 2.avi and so on.

I have one column say "DataColumn2" (data type as System.String) which contain unique event id (like 1,2,3,4...83).

Please help if have any idea.

Thanks,

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum