Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Extended Trendline and combining multiple charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rftd
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote rftd Replybullet Topic: Extended Trendline and combining multiple charts
     Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 10:36am

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) Is there any way I can display a bar chart and a line chart on the same set of axes (i.e. in the same chart)?

2) I'm creating a chart which displays sales data for the past 6 months. Basically, it is a line chart with dollars($) on the y(data) axis and date on the x(group) axis.

I want to add a trendline that extends beyond the collected data and into the future. The point of this extension of the trendline is to provide a forecast for the future. For example, If i had sales data for january to june 2009, then I would want the trendline to extend six months into the future to december 2009.
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 10:53pm
1) Yes. Start with a bar chart and put all of your data on the bar chart. Now in "preview mode" right-click on one of the bars that you wan't to turn into a line. Bring up the "Series Options" dialog. Here you will see an option to "Emphasize riser as...".  Choose LINE.
 
2) This is a bit tricky. If all else fails, you could do this with our CRChart add-in (see @FORECAST and @XY macros).
 
-Dan
 
disclaimer: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum