Hi DBlank,
This is a report where there are two groups:
Fund year (group1)
Fund code (group2)
orderID book title campus price (etc, detail section)
Now I have the following situations where I have a problem that in the first prompt(parameter dropdown list) an institute is missing, which happens to be the last one in the view (INST_VIEW). When I select an institute, associated fund name can be populated in the second prompt where I defined as 'allow multiple' selection.
The joins of the tables are as follows:
LIX tablle
IRN ID
540486 1705WBIT
ALC table (order allocation for campus)
IRN BRANCH
540486 1858
FAL table (fund allocation)
IRN FUND
540486 2186
MAIN_LOC table (includes everything), it's alias for MAIN table
IRN XCODE
1858 MB ( this is a campus code)
MAIN_FUND table ( includes everything) it's alias for MAIN
IRN XCODE
2186 CNV_AC_LAN_E ( this is a fund code)
1. The above joins are all left outter joins starting from LIX.
2. The FUND_DETAILS_VIEW links to MAIN_FUND table on 'XCODE'
3. The INST_VIEW links to MAIN_LOC via another view called CAMPUS_VIEW where it's defined:
CAMPUS_CODE INST CAMPUS_DESC
MB xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx
such that the MAIN_LOC links to CAMPUS_VIEW on 'CAMPUS_CODE' and CAMPUS_VIEW links INST_VIEW on INST
The above approach where I cannot get a full list of institutions in the first dropdown list of parameters, the last one in the view is missing. if I remove the FUND_DETAILS_VIEW so that there won't be second prompt for parameters to select fund, however, the last institution in the INST_VIEW appears and all the orders are displayed under all FUND_CODE(second group).
Could you please advise where was wrong regarding linkage and view?
The views are basiclly some pickup list.
When picking the second last institution in the first dropdownlist, the associated funds have only displayed some half of what are all in the actual view (Fund_View) in the cascading picklist.
My questions are:
Does CR XI have limitation with dynamic cascading picklist in terms of rows? As the Fund_view has 1733 rows of fund information
John
Edited by johnwsun - 16 Jun 2009 at 8:07pm