Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Extracting Date Range for Payroll Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 10:53am
This should be an easy one for most of you out there - since I'm a novice Crystal Reports writer, I need some help.
I'm trying to extract hours worked within a certain date range. Both pieces reside in the same table. Unfortunately the table holds dates outside of the range that I would need to use. Any suggestions?
Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 11:16am
If I understand correctly, this is how you would do it:
1) Create two parameter fields called: Start Date and End Date
2) Open the formula expert and go to Selection Fromulas\Record Selection. This can be found in the 'workshop tree' on the left side of the formula expert.
3) Enter the following code (replace the bolded parts with the appropriate field from your database):
{transactionsummary.date_tm} >= {?Start Date and Time} and {transactionsummary.date_tm} <= {?End Date and Time}
Once you save, you will be able to enter you desired date range. Any data that does not fall within this range will be filtered automatically.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum