Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formatting / Reveal Formatting / Reveal Codes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kkrook
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kkrook Replybullet Topic: Formatting / Reveal Formatting / Reveal Codes
     Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:40am

I have inherited a number of Crystal Reports.  Many of the reports have specific formatting that I cannot seem to locate.

The reports use a formula, for example:
if isnull ({Command.Name})
then "No Name Specified"
else {Command.Name}
The names are displayed in regular font.  "No Name Specified" is displayed in italics.
 
I do not see any formatting formulas.  I do not see any conditional formatting.
 
How/where can I determine where the special formatting is being defined?
 
Thank you for your assistance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:56am
If you right click on the field, select format field, select the Font Tab in the Style option you should see the "x-2" as red and there should be a formula in there that will probably be:
if isnull ({Command.Name}) then CrItalic else crRegular
IP IP Logged
kkrook
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote kkrook Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 1:19pm
I looked there several times before I posted the question this morning.  That's what I referred to as conditional formatting.  I do not see any conditional formatting--I do not see  the "x-2" as red on any of the Format Editor screens.
 
However, I did use your code/suggestion to apply conditional formatting.
 
Thank you for your quick response and assistance.


Edited by kkrook - 15 Jun 2009 at 1:28pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 1:37pm
I was afraid that you already had checked there but that is where it should be.
Another option, but an odd choice is that the designer has two fields one on top of the other and they are conditionally suppressing the fields instead of formatting one field (one set to italics and the other set with no italics).
You can also open the formula Workshop, in the Formatting Formulas you can expand each field looking for formulas there.


Edited by DBlank - 15 Jun 2009 at 1:37pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum