Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help with percentage formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
j_ellemore
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote j_ellemore Replybullet Topic: Help with percentage formula
     Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:39am

Hi,

I need to create a report from our service maangement tool (ITSM) wich shows the percentage of incidents resolved with SLA. There is a true / false field in the database called SLAResolutionBreach. I have inserted a group and Summary wich shows the percentage of false and the percentage of true. The issue is that I only want to show the percentagof false and not show % True. I also want to include this in the group 1 header.
 
Can anyone advise?
Thanks
James
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 10:08am

If you want to keep it grouped as is you can conditionally suppress the field as {table.SLAResolutionBreach}=True.

You can remove your grouping altogther and create a formula field to count the False Value and / that by the count of the field.
Create a formul as "FalseCount":
If {table.SLAResolutionBreach}=False then 1 else 0.
Create another formula for your percentage (this is if there are no groups and you want it in the report header) as "False Percentage":
If Count({table.SLAResolutionBreach})=0 then 0 else
SUM({@FalseCount}) % Count({table.SLAResolutionBreach})
IP IP Logged
j_ellemore
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote j_ellemore Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 12:53pm
Thanks very much for the respose. Surpressing True works OK but I would prefer to remove the grouping and use the second option.

I've tried this and the formual makes the percentage the same for all support teams even though it should be different (and is correct if I surpress True). Have I done something wrong?

Tks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 1:57pm
Didn't know you had another grouping ( I assume it is using the support team field).
Adjust the formula to give you numbers for that  group level and place it on the group header or footer.
If Count({table.SLAResolutionBreach},{Table.supportteamfield})=0 then 0 else
SUM({@FalseCount},{Table.supportteamfield}) % Count({table.SLAResolutionBreach},{Table.supportteamfield})


Edited by DBlank - 14 Jun 2009 at 1:58pm
IP IP Logged
j_ellemore
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote j_ellemore Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 5:48am
Many thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum