Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing Rows in Crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cgyrob
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote cgyrob Replybullet Topic: Suppressing Rows in Crosstab
     Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:45pm
I am wrtiting a crosstab report with two rows in a group by salary type.
 
Tran_type and Tran_reason
 
I am wondering if it is possible to suppress the Tran_reason line if there is only one returned result. I basically want to be able to suppress the fields that only have one value to return to clean up the report and not have duplicated values.
 
Ex
 
New Employees                            Totals
     New Employees                        totals
Involuntary Terminations                 Totals
     Dismissed with Cause                 totals
     Dismissed Without Cause           totals
     Etc                                             totals
Voluntary Termination                     Totals
     Retired                                       totals
     Quit                                            totals
      etc                                             totals
Transfers                                          Totals
      Transfers                                     totals
 
 
I have tried suppressing at Group and Field level without any success.
 
I could not find any mention of a rowcount() function so I tried suppressing at row level by the reason codes. I have even tried adding a new field to the rows called rowtype and gave the lines different values depending on if I know only one value will be returned or more. and tried supressing by this field at the group level.
 
{table.Line_type} = "X"
 
This does nothing, I have tried in crystal and basic syntax without any luck.
 
Has anyone done somthing similar or know how to go about this.
 
Thanks,
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Duncan3
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Duncan3 Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 3:13pm

Do a count of Tran_reason and the write a formal if count of tran_reason = 1 then “OK” else “”

 

Then use the selection expert does not equal (OK)

IP IP Logged
cgyrob
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote cgyrob Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 3:31pm

I have tried count(table.Tran_reason) = 1

I am not sure if it is possible to suppress individual records of a recordset.
 
I can use count(table.Tran_reason) < 1 in the group section
and it suppresses the whole group but I can not suppress a row in the crosstab.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum