Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Total Field Not Available to Sort On Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mtaft
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mtaft Replybullet Topic: Total Field Not Available to Sort On
     Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:13am
Hi All,

I'm a fairly new CR user using (CR XI) but have been a programmer for 10+ years.  I am developing a report that looks like this, boiled down:

(GH 1a) Job#
(GH 1b) Job#  LabrCost  MatlCost        TotalCost
(GH 1c) [Job] [flda]   [Sum of ExtCost] [flda + Sum of ExtCost]
(GH 1d)        MatlIssued Cost   Qty    ExtCost
(Details)      [fldb]     [fldd] [flde] [fldd*flde]
(Details)      [fldb]     [fldd] [flde] [fldd*flde]
(Details)      [fldb]     [fldd] [flde] [fldd*flde]

I want to sort descending on the TotalCost but it doesn't show up in my Record Sort expert.  Is it because it contains a "sum" field in the group header?  Everything I've found in any documentation says that I should be able to sort by it but no luck.  Is there a workaround that being a newbie I don't know about?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
MTaft
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 7:50am
Given that you are adding a single field value to a SUM this field will not be available for sorting. YOu can sort on the SUM only by using the group Sort Expert or you can make a list of the order you want it sorted but it will not change as your numbers change.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum