Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab Report, Page Break Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Topic: Crosstab Report, Page Break
     Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 11:53am
Alright, so I have this actually, pretty nifty Crosstab report. But with only one issue... It's somewhat dynamic... so, it can end up growing forever....
 
Basically it's something like this
 
                        Date          Date         Date          Date
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)
 
right? so... if they come in tomorrow, and have another test done, those results are added....
 
My problem is, I can only fit 9 Dates worth of results for tests on one page.... (This is already in landscape) if there's anymore dates after that...
the report still considers it "Page one" but it goes onto another page...
And it doesn't have my Page header on it... and it looks..... Crappy.....
 
does anyone know how i might be able to page break the columns so they wont do this?
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 10:11am
Any thoughts at all? :(
I've been stuck on this praying to god no one prints more than 7-9dates worth of tests.... :(
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 3:43pm
Sigh.... I got a Partial work around, that will work... But.
Not really what i needed. Unfortianly i think it's the best solution I have.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:17pm
Hey Takesen,
Sorry but I didn't have an answer for you so I didn't post. I am curious what your work around is.
They only thing I could come up with:
1. suppress based on the count going over what you wanted to show
2.create a formula to convert all data over the max you want to show into one single group
3. if the TEST names are more finite invert the your columns and rows.
 
Anyway just some thoughts...
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:35pm
....grrrr i just freaking hit the wrong "Post Reply Button" >.< there goes 4paragraphs..... /sighs
 
sorry... bad day haha... so i'm gonna try to shorten this post up a lot... heh
 
Anyways... I basically just created a formula:
 
Code:
" Person Name: " + {@Person_Name} + chr(13) + " Date of Birth: " + {@DOB}
 
Output:
Person Name: John Smith
Date of Birth:  01/01/1991
 
And put this as column 1. Making sure the in the column options indent column was off. so it spand across the entire section of columns.
 
I also made sure that each time it went to the new page, the row labels repeated, by checking the "Repeat Row Labels" in the Customize Style section.
 
Basically, I have 2 headers, the one with all of the companies information.
aswell as all of the person information as a page header. And another one that's actually in the crosstab that has the person name and DoB.
 
Thus allowing the user to match the pages together (which is what I needed to make sure results stayed with the proper person's results and not mixed by accident)
 
Meh, it's not a great work around... But it's functional.... And if i could garentee there to be a full page of columns each time a new page is created.... I could actually put the entire page header into the crosstab header i made in column 1.
 
Buuuut unfortunately, Column 1seems to only expand to how many columns there are.
 
 So, it looks something like this...
 
                        Person Name: John Smith                                        
                        Date of birth:  01/01/1991                      
                        Date          Date         Date          Date     
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results)  
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results) 
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results) 
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results) 
Test name:    (Results)   (Results)   (Results)   (Results) 
 
And the;
Person Name: John Smith                                        
Date of birth:  01/01/1991                      
 
copies over to each page printed....


Edited by Takesen - 17 Jun 2009 at 4:40pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum