Topic: Sum function Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 11:35am
The Sum() takes three parameters. Sum(fld, condfld, cond) I am only using to parameters. Sum(myformula, myfield) where myformula is a field or formula and myfield is a field used to group the values in fld by. Now to the question.
Is there a way to use a compound condition for myfield so that I can say myfield1 and myfield2 ?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 6:46am
Since the field name is a grouping name, it won't let you do a compound. If you create a group based on the field1 and field2 then you can use that name.
As a note: some formulas do not SUM. Depends on how the formula is constructed. I believe if there are IF statements then it won't aggregate. (mine always have shared variables and they definitely don't aggregate)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum