Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Change Schema Owner in Report? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bigjay1981
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote bigjay1981 Replybullet Topic: Change Schema Owner in Report?
     Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 5:46am
Hi,
 
I've been using Crystal 10 for about 18months now but have just come up against a strange problem regarding how Crystal formats the sql query it parses to my oracle db.
 
I know it formats as schema_owner.tablename - therein lies the problem. I have 2 schema users on one of my database instances. one of the schema users has views which contain the full database and the second schema user has views which are a filtered out version of that full database. (Note: This is the architecture i'm stuck with at the moment so I need to try and resolve this from within Crystal if poss.)
 
The report works when I connect with the schemaA user but (obviously) fails when I connect with SchemaB user.
 
Is there something I can pass to the RAS to deal with this????
 
Thanks in advance
Smile


Edited by bigjay1981 - 11 Jun 2009 at 5:47am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:35am
I don't think so.  If you have ever tried to change a connection, it is not easy. 
 
What might work, but this is based on data schema being at least compatible (all fields that you use in the report are present in both schema) and if you are calling the report from an application, is to change the connection to ADO.Net and pass the data from the application to the report.  Then report doesn't need to know anything about the database.
 
This can is a big change as you need to mimic the parameter retrieval (or just rewrite it) so it is not for everyone.
 
Hope this helped in some small way, or you can create reports that are specific to the schema which is not optimal either.
IP IP Logged
bigjay1981
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote bigjay1981 Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:49am

Thanks for this.... You're basically confirming what I feared.

I'm not sure that either of these options are optimal for the environment i'm working in at the moment.....
 
Thanks a lot however!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum