Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: datasets and subreport linking Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
danm
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote danm Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 2:57pm
Dblank,
Below is the formula that I am using to link the two reports:
{ShipAdviceItems.transDetail_OrderID} = {?Pm-ShipAdviceDetailed.trans_OrderNumber}
 
 
The shipAdviceItems.transdetail_orderid is from the sub report and the
?PM-ShipAdviceDetailed.trans_ordernumber is from the container report.
 
I still am not getting any detail in the sub report.
 
thanks for the help.
Dan
 
 
dan m
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 3:05pm

1. What section is your sub report located in the main report?

2. In the main report what value for the {ShipAdviceDetailed.trans_OrderNumber} field is displayed in that section?
 
3. From a table architecture is the {ShipAdviceItems.transDetail_OrderID} field a value that is the same as {ShipAdviceDetailed.trans_OrderNumber}  but a one too many relationship linking multiple ShipAdviceItems rows to one ShipAdviceDetailed row?
IP IP Logged
danm
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote danm Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:12am
Dblank,
Below is the formula that is being used to link the two reports:
{ShipAdviceItems.transDetail_OrderID} = {?Pm-ShipAdviceDetailed.trans_OrderNumber}
 
I have verified that data is in both tables of the dataset and the order numbers are the same value and data type.
 
I have run the subreport seperately and it properly displays the data.
 
The one think I noticed in the subreport is when you mouse over the datafield the name of the field is:
 
shipadviceitems.transdetail_orderID[transdetail_orderid](string).
 
This same report using .net 2003 that same value is:
shipadviceitems.transdetail_orderID(string).
 
I am not sure if this makes a difference but that is the only thing I can find that is different in the two reports.
 
Dan
 
 
dan m
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:16am
When you run the subreport seperately are you manually entering the paramter using a {ShipAdviceItems.transDetail_OrderID} that should be passed from the main report and this is working correctly?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum