Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: suppressing specific lines Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DJWheezyWeez
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DJWheezyWeez Replybullet Topic: suppressing specific lines
     Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:29pm
I'm using CR XI.

Normally I find some other field that I can use and do a (table.field} = maximum({table.field}, {group}) type thing but I am not able to do this here.  I have:

Customer    Sales
BRD              10
DTK              5
HOL              5
HOL              10
HOL              15
ULD              1025

I know I don't have the right syntax but I tried something like this in the Selection Expert in the Suppress formula:
not onlastrecord when {table.Customer} = "HOL"

Am I close with that formula or not at all or is there not a way to do what I want?

-DJWW
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:51pm
if you are only trying to suppress the first two HOL fields from view and these are in the details you can use next function to conditionally suppress by placing this formula in the detials suppress formula option.
next({table.customer})={table.customer}
IP IP Logged
DJWheezyWeez
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote DJWheezyWeez Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:56pm
Wow that was even simpler than I thought.  Thanks a lot.  It worked great.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:02pm
No problem.
Just remember that suppressing data does not remove it so if you do any calculations it will still include those 2 records...
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum