|
Hi,
I'm trying to filter data (using selection formulas and parameters) using a 'partial match'. Let me explain more clearly below:
Lets say there is some parameter, PARAMETER_1, which allows the user to enter any custom value. Crystal reports would then filter the data, eliminating anything that did not match the parameter (e.g. if 'dog' was entered as the parameter, then 'cat', 'mouse', etc. would be eliminated). This, of course, is simple, straightforward use of parameters/selection formulas.
What I want to do is slightly different. I want to be able to keep any entry that even partially matches the parameter. Consider the following table from a database.
Purchse# Customer Product Purchased 1 Jon Dog 2 Joe Clogs 3 Jim House 4 Jack Goggles 5 Jane Cat
Then, lets say a report was created in crystal reports. This report has a parameter which is used to filter the data based on the 'Product Purchased' Column. So, lets say I entered 'og' as the parameter. Then, I would want crystal reports to select the rows with 'Dog', 'Clogs', and 'Goggles'. And, obviously, it would eliminate the rows with 'House' and 'Cat' because they do not contain 'og'.
Note that I want crystal reports to select any entry with even a partial match to the parameter.
Thanks in advance.
|