Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: sub report formatting issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
goodpasture
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote goodpasture Replybullet Topic: sub report formatting issue
     Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 11:06am
Please help ... I have a sub-report that is currently 4 inches wide and I need it to be full width. I though it was the same width as what it is on the main report. On the main report, I dragged it all the way across but it is locked somehow on 4 inches.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 11:21am
Is the Lock position and size on? If so...
Right click on the sub-report and select format Sub report.
Click on the Common tab.
Uncheck the "Lock Position and Size" (set to False).
THis should make it so you can expand the width.
 
IP IP Logged
goodpasture
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote goodpasture Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:08pm
Nope that doesn't work. The area on the main report, I can resize both up and down. If I make it narrower that 4 inches, it automatically shrinks but when I make it 7 inches, it stays at 4 inches max. Please help!

Thanks,
Jonathan
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:52pm
Odd. Do you have columns set up in the section that it resides?
IS there anything about the actual design of the subreport that is making it a specific size?
Another quick process to try would be,
save the subreport as a new report (save as).
Create a new section in the main report and then re-insert the new copy of the sub-report you just made to see if this new version can be resized.
IP IP Logged
goodpasture
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote goodpasture Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:07pm
I fixed it... some how it has got a 4.25 inch right margin set up. I set this to .5 and it is fine now.

thanks anyways,
Jonathan
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum