Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: why the Blank pages ?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cahill
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote cahill Replybullet Topic: why the Blank pages ??
     Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:20am

I have a report created with CR10 with 8 subreports, I do not know if that is the way to do it but it's working the only problem is that it creates way to many blank pages and the reason is that some tables do not have matching records, I THINK.
Can anyone help please.

Acknowledgment

I WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT I KNOW NOW ABOUT PROGRAMING IF IT WAS NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE WHO SHARE THEIR THOUGHTS AND KNOWLEDGE SELFISHLY

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 6:28am
Things that I would check...
is the section checked for a new page before.
I don't know if this is possible in a subreport, but does it have a new page before.
For a section, you can check the suppress if blank, that might help.
Keep together might force a page break to keep the subreport together.
 
To be sure about the empty subreports, you will need to select an instance of your data and then check the database to be certain.
 
you might also try putting a text field in each section that has a subreport, maybe one above and one below.  These would serve as an indicator of what is happening in the report and form there you might be able to deduce what the cause of your blank pages.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum