Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grand Total of a Header record Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Sheila
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Sheila Replybullet Topic: Grand Total of a Header record
     Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 3:26pm
Hi Folks
I have detail lines that all return the same currency value field but other fields on the lines are different therefor I must print up the detail lines.   I want 1 incidence of the value and so I have moved that value field off the detail line and I have pulled into into the group header - this gives me the display I need where I see my currency value field once per group.   I now need a total of those group headers in the grand total of the report.
 
I have tried a sub-report amongst other things but I always end up with a grand total of all the detail lines instead of just the 1 incidence of the amount held in the group header.
 
Can this be done please?   Can someone offer me any suggestions please?
That would be greatly appreciated.
 
 
Sheila
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 1:19pm

Hi

Create Running Total Field and place that in Report Footer.
 
Set the values for Running Total Field and below
 
Field to Summarize:-Currency Value
Type of Summary:-SUM
 
Evaluate
On Change of Group :Group Name Field
 
Reset
Never
 
Cheers
Rahul
 
IP IP Logged
Sheila
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Sheila Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 3:55pm
Thank you so very much for your solution - it works like a charm and I appreciate you sharing this with me (and everyone else).
Sheila
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum