Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppressing duplicate records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ChuckRW
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ChuckRW Replybullet Topic: Suppressing duplicate records
     Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 1:35pm

Hi,

I'm just an amateur, well, I'm a pro with amateur skills :o), so I hope I'm wrong...but I think this is a tough one.
 
I am writing a report that includes a subreport of calendar "Activities".
 
These activity records include fields like "Type", "Details", "Scheduled With", Sheduled For", and "Date/Time"
 
I have created formula fields to spilt the Date/Time field into 2 fields, Date and Time.
 
For the most part I am going to display the records chronologically.
 
Some of the records, however, will be exact duplicates except for the Date field (the formula field). Even the Time will be the same, all fields except the Date will be the same. I would like to show only the earliest of these records, displayed in the correct spot, chronologically, with all the other "non-dup" records.
 
Thanks for any thoughts!
 
Chuck
 
IP IP Logged
ChuckRW
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ChuckRW Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 10:41pm
I may have an idea for a solution for my problem.

There is a {date/time-created} field in each record that is unique to every record except the duplicates.

I was thinking I could create a string that concatenates and saves each new {date/time-created} field. I could then (or before) check the string to see if it contained the value of each new {date/time-created} field and suppress each record that matched any part of the string.

Does this sound plausible?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum