Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Cascading Parameters Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 4:40pm
I have a report that displays a list of ProviderID ie…1001, 1002, 1003.Under that I need toassociate services to each ProviderID.I can do this nicely with cascading parameters, however the report is set up for many providers to retrieve the same report from an application.So the ProviderID is already set in the report.How can I get the services to associate to the ProviderID if its already being passed into the report.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 12:19pm
How is it being passed to the report?
If you have different reports that are using specific views or stored procs that limited the data down then you can just use the paramter field as dynamic but not cascading. The returned data would already be pared down to the correct connect ID's.
Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 4:20pm
Not sure exactly how it's passed except that it's in a runtime environment. I do have acess to main application that uploads the report. So I cannot see how it is happening.
I know that when I submit reports for uploading, I always have to include the ProviderID parameter in the record selection.
Thanks for you feedback, I'm stumped on this issue and have been working in crystal report for 10 years.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:31pm
The easiest solution would be to create a view per report per providerid. The view would limit the scope of the data in both the provider records and then the service data. YOu would not need to change your select statements and the parameter for services would only look at the limited view data instead of the full table data.
I will assume you cannot do this. The next option would be to create a cascading parameter and just not use the first parameter in your select statement (since this is 'hard coded' into the select statement). If you can limit the range in the parameter to the allowed items for this vendor report it would prevent them from selecting an invalid vendorid. A little redundant but might work...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum