Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Function to find out new page? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Topic: Function to find out new page?
     Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:18am
Hi,
 
Is there any funciton to check when the new page starts?
 
I have a scenario like this.
I have a group. Where I would like to display a line when the new page starts.
 
I am using Crystal Reports XI R2.
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:42am
Thre are a number of options around this by I do not understand what you are trying to do. Can you explain further?
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:50am
Hi,
 
Here is the scenario.
 
I have the sections as follows.
 
Group Header
Data
Group Footer
 
In Group header section, I created a box which spreads upto the group footer in order to repeat the botom line for each record.
 
But some how, the lines are showing as bold except the top line border and bottom border.
 
So, I am thinking of suppressing the top line other than the first record.. So that the linke won't show up in bold format.
 
Please let me know if its not clear, I will try to put it in other form.
 
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:29pm
Sorry but not really following what you did or why.
If you placed a Box field type into the GH and expanded it through the detail into the GF you should just a have a single box the expands and contracts to the size of the total number of details in that group. It does not change the line size.
Are you just trying to always repeat the last record in a group? If so just place all of the fields you want to re-display in the GF1 (as well as details section)
If you want to have a seperating line between the last detail and the GF info add an extra GF. You now have GF1a where you can draw a line and GF1b where you can place the extra data fields you want to display.


Edited by DBlank - 05 Jun 2009 at 12:30pm
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:36pm

Hi,

"If you placed a Box field type into the GH and expanded it through the detail into the GF you should just a have a single box the expands and contracts to the size of the total number of details in that group. It does not change the line size. "

You are correct. This is exactly what I want to do.
 
But I donno, why the border lines for the records are coming in bold size except the outer layer.
 
The options set for the box are "Always closed Border".
 
Could you please explain, where I did wrong?
 
The sections are arranged in the report as follows.
 
Report Header
   Group Header
     Details
   Group Footer
Report Footer.
 
 
Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 12:58pm
The only things I can think of that might exlain this:
1. you placed more than one box here and that the top an bottom lines don't quite match up making them look like one thicker line.
2. You inserted a line that is basically doing the same thing as option 1.
3. YOu have a field in the header and footer that has it's border turned on making it llok like a thick box line.
4. delete the box field, preview the report to make sure it all looks fine without it and then add the box back in to see if that helps.
 
In preview mode I would try to move the box line up and down in the header and footer to see if there is anything else hidden behind it.
Sorry I can't help more but I just don't know how you can change the line size on only part of that box field.
IP IP Logged
GowthamSen
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote GowthamSen Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:54am

Hi,

Thank you very much.

I solved the issue. But I am not sure.. how I did it. Its working fine now.

Thank you
Regards,

Gowtham Sen.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum