Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report field going outside boundaries Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
OKsoccer24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote OKsoccer24 Replybullet Topic: Report field going outside boundaries
     Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 6:48am
I have a field that at times can be 250 characters, but I have it in crystal for that field to only be 2 inches wide and I don't want it to grow.  The rest of the field is not important, but my problem is that when I look at the report in infoview, the field will over lay anyfields to the right if the current field is long enough.  
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 6:27am
I can say is how odd.  Any field that I have that is longer than width I have made it, gets cut off.  For Can Grow, the only option that I have seen is to grow vertically, not horizontally.
 
Does it look that way in Preview mode?
 
Sorry I can't be of more help.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 6:29am
Oh, silly me, you could create a formula and have it truncate the string and display that, this would limit the length of the string.  I am not sure, since it is based on your data, how you would do this to make it look nice, but you could just take the left 100 characters, for instance.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum