Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Compare returned records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Topic: Compare returned records
     Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 11:18am
Hello,
How would I go about comparing returned records to one another? I'm creating a AR report and need to know if there is more than one invoice per customer with the same invoice number. If there is, then I need to sum the invoice amounts and any payments that have been made. I'm having trouble finding a way to compare the records.

Results:

Invoice #     Invoice Amount    Payments
123456        $5000.00          $1250.00
123232        $60.00            $0
123456        $5000.00          $1000.00

Invoice 123456 and any payments would need to be summed and show as:

Invoice #     Invoice Amount    Payments
123456        $5000.00          $2250.00
123232        $60.00            $0


Any help is greatly appreciated...
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 11:28am

If it is just a n issue of displaying,

Group on Invoice #
Create 2 formula fields (or Summary Fields) as SUMs on Group 1
SUM(table.invoice amount,table.invoice#)
SUM(table.payments,table.invoice#)
Place both formulas on the group header next to the invoice #.
suppress your detail row
IP IP Logged
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 11:49am
I like the line of thinking on that solution. There is one wrinkle, the report needs to show invoices for each customer; there can be many customers per report. When I added the grouping as you suggested, the formula summed for all invoices on the report, as follows:

Customer A
123456        $5000.00   // group header, sum of all invoices
123456        $3000.00   // detail

Customer B
123435        $5000.00   // group header, sum of all invoices
123435        $2000.00   // detail
IP IP Logged
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 11:58am
I'm trying some different combinations on the grouping; I just have to find the right one.

Thanks for the help!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 12:00pm

NOt sure I am seeing the issue here...Assuming a invoice number always belons under 1 customer you can group at 2 levels.

Group 1 =Customer
Group2 = Invoice #
Details - suppressed
Create SUMs for Invoice amounts and Payments at group level 2 . PLace on GH2.
Result should be
John SMith
123456        $5000.00          $2250.00
123232        $60.00            $0
 
Jane Doe
123123         1,000,000.00    0.
etc.
 
IP IP Logged
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 12:24pm
The last issue is there is one record for each customer and invoice. How can I get all the invoices in GH2 to show under GH1? Thanks again...

This is how it now shows:

Customer     Invoice     Amount
----------------------------------------
Joe          123456      $5000.00
----------------------------------------
Joe          234556      $3500.00
----------------------------------------
Bob          532342      $1500.00
----------------------------------------
Bob          654231      $2300.00
----------------------------------------

And it needs to be:

Customer     Invoice     Amount
----------------------------------------
Joe          123456      $5000.00
Joe          234556      $3500.00
----------------------------------------
Bob          532342      $1500.00
Bob          654231      $2300.00
----------------------------------------
IP IP Logged
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 12:29pm
Got it...it was my record sort. It's my first real report to be used for AR and I'm still getting familiar with CR.
IP IP Logged
duck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duck Replybullet Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 6:08am
I also need to show a customer's outstanding balance for a period, say 31-45 days.

//Non-sum field     // sum field      // formula @31-45days
InvoiceAmount    - Payments    =     OutstandingBalance

How can I calculate the outstanding balance if Payments is a sum field?

Then I need to sum all OutstandingBalance fields for the period. Sum (@31-45days). Currently, if there is one invoice with multiple payments, @31-45days with only show one payment, but sum(@31-45days) will add the payment twice.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum