Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub Report Taking Space Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PhilAJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Topic: Sub Report Taking Space
     Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 3:07am
Hi all, hope someone can help.
 
I have a document designed that is in the format of a quotation, header - detail lines and Footer.
 
For certain types of Quote I need to show 2 more pages - basically terms and conditions, BUT the detail lines need to be shown again.
 
SO - 1st page fine - created a sub report for pages 2 & 3 including details - all works fine.
 
BUT - the section holding the subreport, which is ReportFooterB, and has been made as small as possible - always prints with a large space at bottom of page IF the subreport prints following!!
 
If the type of quote suppresses the subreport then this space is not there.
 
Any ideas as its driving me mad.
 
ps I have suppressed if blank - which works when the subreport isn't shown.
 
Thanks
 
Phil
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 6:22am

Is the space before or after the footer?  Where do you want the space? Is the subreport set as keep together or new page before?

Just somethings that come to mind.  I don't really use subreports so I might be completely off the mark.
 
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 6:53am
Hi
 
What I think is you also need to suppress if blank in the sections of the subreport which displays the data.
 
cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
PhilAJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 11:00am
I have got Suppress if blank on all of the Sub Report sections - and in fact when the sub doesnt print then the blank space on the main report doesnt show. Its when the sub report DOES print - on pages 2 & 3 - that I get the larger space at the bottom of page 1.
 
In response to lockwelle - the space is after the Report Footer, and I DONT want it at all. The Sub report is in Report Footerg - the last section.
 
 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 6:12am
Hmmm...
How can there be a space after the section, that is printed before the subreport....
 
I am still suspecting that 'Keep Together' is checked somewhere.  The subreport or the main report is trying to keep the subreport together and so is forcing a new page. 
 
If not that, then perhaps Rahul has some ideas.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum