Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Remote database connectivity problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
btough
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote btough Replybullet Topic: Remote database connectivity problem
     Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 12:33am

I have to connect database remotely. For that I have done all the settings using SQL server configuration manager. I have set port number as 1433 the default one. Also added this port number into windows firewall exception list and turned it on.

         Now in my connection string, value of the "server" parameter is only "IPAddress". But while loading crystal report into CrystalReportViewer control it ask me for the Password to enter. I have set all Connectioninfo to the CtrystalReport at runtime, but till it ask for password . How can I solve this problem?
 
        If I use "IPAddress,1433" as the value of server parameter, it works fine. But as per my knowledge, 1433 is default port and need not to be include in the connection string.
 
please help if anybody knows the solution.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum