Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:35pm
JOhn,
Can you add an if statement to this so if the last character is not numeric then put in 0 else put in your other formula Then do a primary sort on this formula field and a secondary sort on the field itself?
All your items that end in a non numeric value will be listed first as a 0 as the primary sort, then these zero sorted items should sort correctly using the secondary sorting of the original field.
Hello Everyone. I am trying to sort data in a report and one of the problems I am facing is alphanumeric room numbers. eg 01A, 01B, 02A ... and 01.1, 01.2, 02.1, 02.2.... I was wondering if some one could help me because the normal ascending order of sorting a group does not help.
Your help will be a big help and I would like to thank you in advance.
Thank you for replying John. I am trying to use the formula that you have given. I needed the report as there was no other way of making work easier and so I added another group which was the room number and then sorted it according to specified list. BUT this means I have numerous reports, one for each facility. I was able to do that as the room numbers are fixed.
I will try this and let you know.. If I get one report then I can replace the .rpt file the database application is using and I can use it through the software.. Now I have to run it through logicity application builder.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum