Despite the title, its when the sum is between 1 and negative 1, but that didn't fit.
Here is the scenario, and I can provide more information if I have left anything important out.
We are pulling summary account names and their totals from our accounting software to create a dynamic balance sheet.
We have 6 different entities, so not all summary accounts are applicable to each entity but we'd like to use the same Crystal report.
The report is set up to pull the Balance sheet section and then the summary accounts (about 50) in subsections with subtotals by subsection (Current Assets, Current Liabilties, Other Assets, etc) and then a total for section (Assets and Liability & Net Assets).
The balance sheet shows data for three periods, last year's end, current month and prior month in three columns, with a data point for each summary account.
What I am trying to accomplish and struggling with is being able to hide the summary account title and corresponding data points, when all three columns prior year, current month and prior month, total between 1 and -1, essentially zero.
I have tried using formatting but this just hides the text and numbers but leaves a big blank space in its stead. What I want is to only show the lines when there is a large amount so it looks like each entity's report was created specifically for that entity and only includes the pertinant accounts.
The formula I am using on the section expert corresponding header's suppress is:
But no luck. It seems like a simple concept but I can't figure out how to make it happen.
Edited by topcatt89 - 29 May 2009 at 8:23am