I'm designing a simple Crystal Report in VB/VS.NET 2005. I am using an a datatable (filled with XML) as my datasource. I am trying to sum my Week To Date sales column. But whenever, I add "running total", to the Group Footer, I don't get "Sum" in the dropdown. I get maximum, minimum, count, distinct count, etc...everything except plain-jane "Sum". Then, when i try to add an unbound number field and do sum({ReportTable.WTDSales}), i get
"There is an error in this formula. Save it anyway?" I click no and get "A number field or a currency amount field is required here".
Here is my datatable definition:
Dim dtOracleData As DataTable
dtOracleData = New DataTable()
With dtOracleData
.Columns.Add("StoreId", GetType(String))
.Columns.Add("WTDAllSales", GetType(Double))
.Columns.Add("WTDGuestCount", GetType(Long))
.Columns.Add("WTDGuestCountLY", GetType(Long))
.Columns.Add("YTDGuestCount", GetType(Long))
.Columns.Add("YTDGuestCountLY", GetType(Long))
.Columns.Add("WTDCars", GetType(Long))
.Columns.Add("WTDSeconds", GetType(Long))
Dim keys(1) As DataColumn
keys(0) = .Columns("StoreId")
keys(0).Unique = True
.TableName = "OracleData"
.PrimaryKey = keys
End With
I also tried to attach a schema to the XML file with the the WTD Sales fields defined as decimal. Still. no dice.
Perhaps related is when I try to insert a graph using the Chart expert, the OK button is grayed out. Is this a licensing thing?
Any idea what could be the problem?