Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Linked Subreport NEED variables passed back 2 Main Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Topic: Linked Subreport NEED variables passed back 2 Main
     Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:27am
Ugggh, Hi guys.
I'm using CRXI, I have this report with 2subreports on it.
The subreports are doing a lot of calculations that i need passed back to the main report in order to do another calculation that's being done on that main report.
 
My Problem is, I need to link these subreports to get the encounter timestamp in the parameter. That way they are all calculating for the same timeframe... I know you can't pass Data from a subreport back to a main report if you're linking them. Only through Shared variables on an unlinked report can you pass Data back to the main...
 
Is there another way to "link" the time parameter without actually linking the report? or another way to pass the data even?
 
Please, Any Ideas are appreciated. It's kind of time crunching and It's kicking my.......
 
sigh Thank you!
-Takesen
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:41am
Hmmm...didn't know that about subreports and shared variables... I would have thought that you could, but I don't use very many subreports.
 
Without the shared variables, my other suggestion would be to try and have a stored proc do the calculations, then the report only needs to display the results.
 
sorry I don't have anything else to offer.  I am big on stored procs and shared variables, just not subreports.
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2009 at 1:06pm
/sigh
Alright... Yeah :( it's kind of lame...
It's kinda like passing data via subreports seems to be a 1way street...
Main---> Sub Via Subreport Linking
Sub ---> Main Via Shared Variables...
 
At least that's the only way i've ever been able to use them.
If someone can prove me wrong and inform me of a way otherwise
I would probably love you forever...
 
Thanks for the possible alternative Lockwelle...
I'll look into it more.
 
-Takesen
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum