Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: DB_NAME in Formula Workshop Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
eightlords
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote eightlords Replybullet Topic: DB_NAME in Formula Workshop
     Posted: 26 May 2009 at 10:18am
I'm new at using CR and am learning as I go along and can't seem to find this anywhere.  We are using CR 9.2.3.1699 and I am trying to supress text based on the database name (SQL Server database).  Is there a way to do this in Formula Workshop?  I have seen posts talking about SQL Expression Fields but I don't seem to have that option in CR9 Pro.  Any help or a shove in the right direction would be helpful.
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2009 at 12:40pm
I am a little confused by the request or what you are ultimately trying to do. You can conditionally suppress a field but why would you do it based on the database name? If you do not want to show it then don't add it to be displayed. If you are trying to suppress it based on a matching record in another table then why not use that instead of the DB name? 

Edited by DBlank - 26 May 2009 at 12:41pm
IP IP Logged
eightlords
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote eightlords Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:10pm
I am trying to set it up based on database name so we have the same .rpt in all database instances and only have to maintain 1 .rpt file that can be migrated to all environments instead of 4 separate .rpt files (yes, I know I could easily make a different .rpt for each environment).  I would like for VOID to appear on the report in the test, dev and user environments and for it to be suppressed in production (at this time, requirements could change)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2009 at 1:17pm
Sorry, I have not seen this done before, but that does not mean it is not possible.
Anyone else have an idea?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum