Hi,
I am haviing a crystal report problem. The problem relates to a one-to-many relationship involving two tables.
I have a similar setup to the following:
I have 2 database tables: table1 & table2
table1 consists of 3 fields:
{id#}, {yes/no},{up/down}
table2 consists of 2 fields:
{id#}, {state}
the {state} field can contain any of the following values: 'open', 'closed', 'final', 'complete'.
The problem is that there exist many states {state} to one id#.
I have a bar graph in my report that displays a bar for the count of the{yes/no} field and a bar for the count of the {up/down} field. I want also a bar for the count of when the {state} field = 'final'.
What happens when I write a formula for the {state} field in the second table and place it in the 'show values' section of the chart expert, is the count displayed in each bar on the graph increases significantly. I am assuming this is because there are multiple records in table 2 for each record in table 1.
What I want to happen is that the graph displays bar 1 and bar 2 correctly and then when I put in the formula for the third bar, it simply displays that bar with the count for when the {state} field = 'final'. I dont want it to affect the whole garph.
Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can do this?
I have tried messing around with the distinct records setting in crystal and also by writing an sql query specifying DISTINCT keyword instead of using the select expert, but to no avail.
Please please can someone help me with this issue.
Thank you.
J