Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: cross-tab grand totals rows--New member here Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mdib
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mdib Replybullet Topic: cross-tab grand totals rows--New member here
     Posted: 21 May 2009 at 6:42pm
Hello there,
 
I am new to cross-tabs, I managed to insert one cross-tab with grand totals, i know how to supress or show grand totals.
However I have two challenges ahead of me:
1) I need to insert under the total amount row, one more summary row for average. by default cross-tab calculates the total for me, however I can't find a way to insert any row under the grand total row for the average
  
2) My second challenge is hiding a column header if the field value is empy. I am hiding the summary field where category group is 2 as per green code below. I right clicked on the forumla and selected "Display string" option and added below check:
if GridRowColumnValue("item.categoryid") = 2 then " "
else
totext(CurrentFieldValue)
this work, however the column  heading still displays.
if I try the same code above for supressing the header text field, i get the below error message.
"this is not the name of a grid group for the field being formatted"
 
 
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated regarding item 1 or 2.
 
Thanks in advance Ouch
 
MD
MD
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:04pm
If I understand your set up correctly and if you are defining the average as the sum / distinct count of row group items then for #1 I believe you will need to create a formula field to calculate the average and insert that as a new field.
For #2 I am guessing you will need to conditionally suppress that field if the grand total for that column=0 ...basically the SUM(field)=0.


Edited by DBlank - 22 May 2009 at 3:06pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum