Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Record Selection Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bodie37
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote bodie37 Replybullet Topic: Record Selection Help
     Posted: 21 May 2009 at 9:14am
Hi there
 
This is my first post, so hello to you all.
 
I've been given the task of report writing for our new ERP system which runs on a SQL server.  I've not report writing experience, had one days training and Brian Bischof's book for support.
 
One of the reports I need is a report that only shows where no promise date has been entered so field should contain no data
 
How can I select the records that have no date, I've tried entering a value of 00/00/00 but it errors out saying that a date and time is required here if I enter 00/00/00 00:00:000 it reports 'The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula.
 
Can anybody help, as I've had no experience with formulas at all.
 
Thanks in advance
 
Bodie
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:25pm
isnull({table.promisedatefield})
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:20pm
also depends on if the app puts a 'bad' value in the database like setting it to 0, which yields a date of 1/1/1900.
 
could be you are missing quotes, I used this and it seems to work fine:
if {params.OneEntryPage} then
    "00/00/0000 00:00:00"
else
    now()
 
hopefully between DBlank and me, you have a solution that works for your data.
IP IP Logged
bodie37
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote bodie37 Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2009 at 12:56am

Thanks for the quick replies, I shall try these today.

Cheers

IP IP Logged
bodie37
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote bodie37 Replybullet Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:09am

Thank you both so much, you have helped me get this work

 
Cheers
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum